About Hillel Council
- Create meaningful and engaging Jewish community on the campuses we serve.
- Make connections between the smaller Boston colleges and bring our students and staff together across campuses.
- Strive to meet the needs of every Jewish student, wherever they are on their journey.
- Enrich students' lives with a home and a place to explore their Jewish identity during their college journey.
- Facilitate the development of our students’ Jewish identity as emerging adults.
What we dO
- Work with colleges and universities across New England with small Jewish populations seeking to enhance Jewish life on campus. We partner with campuses by providing part-time staff at area Hillels who work within the college/university's Spiritual Life framework. Learn more about our staff HERE.
- Offer an on-campus presence and spiritual guidance to students of all backgrounds in an inclusive, pluralistic, and welcoming environment.
- Host regional programming and leadership opportunities to student leaders at Hillels across New England.
- Consult and guide startup Hillels (emerging campuses) as well as campus affiliates (established Hillels).
- Connect professional staff at Hillels across New England to networking and professional development opportunities.
- Provide fiscal services to Boston-area Hillels.